Dining Through The Years




























To say that the dining options at The Lenox have evolved over the years is an understatement. In its 125-year-old history, the hotel has been home to well over 25 different food & beverage outlets!
When the hotel opened its doors in the fall of 1900, the dining facilities at that time were generous – the Palm Room was able to accommodate over 200 guests and was less formal than the Pergola Room which was the venue for more formal dining and could accommodate up to 150 guests. The Palm Room was two storied with a domed glass skylight – now home to our Dome Room function space. Below the lobby was the men’s domain – informal dining in the Grille Room, a barroom paneled in carved chestnut – quite opulent for the times.
When the Saunders Family took over the operation of the hotel in the mid-60’s, Roger Saunders decided to abandon the “fast-food service concept” that resided in the hotel. Closing the Lenox Coffee House in 1968 after a 30-year run, he opened Delmonico’s, an elegant dining room serving all three mealtime periods. Shortly after, the Pub & Grille, and King’s Court opened – expanding the dining options to 3!
The Lamplighter Piano Bar and Lounge became the infamous Diamond Jim’s Piano Bar in the early 60’s. We’ve had plenty of bar rooms too – Lenox Arms Bar, King’s Court, City Bar and now The Irving.
The V Room has been the Tedberry Room, Lenox Arms Bar, Lenox Pub & Grille, The Upstairs Grille, Sam Adams Brewhouse, Solas and now Sweeneys on Boylston!
Delmonico’s has transformed into Anago, Azure, City Table and now the beautiful, new Willow & Ivy.
Be sure to stop by and check out all our newly reimagined dining options!



























